Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Attempt #4,217

I suck at maintaining a blog. I do better at writing in my journal, probably because no one else will read it. I constantly find myself trying to write "well" when blogging. I want it to be entertaining to anyone who stumbles across it. More importantly, I don't want to come across as whiny, needy, shallow or depressed to any of my imaginary readers. Because of that, I find myself writing an entry, reading it, then deleting it within a few days.

It's a new year, so here's a new attempt. The current incarnation of my blog is to make a list of 101 things that I want to do/see/accomplish in the next 1001 days, and then record those events. Not only will I get to do a lot of cool stuff, but my blog will automatically be interesting, since I am writing about something specific and, to my mind, exciting.

The inspiration for all this came from this website:
http://www.triplux.com/dayzero/default.asp?view=gettingstarted

I have sent the link out to a bunch of family and friends, so hopefully, other people that I care about will respond in kind, and maybe even blog about it. A trend-starter, that's me...

No comments: